- B.E., Instrumentation Engineering, VIT Pune, India, 2011
- M.S., Electronics and Photonics, ECE, UC Santa Barbara, 2013
- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, UC Santa Barbara, 2019
Mihir Pendharkar is a postdoctoral researcher in the group. He received his PhD in Electrical Engineering at UCSB in 2019 on "Molecular Beam Epitaxy of Low Dimensional Electron Systems for Topological Quantum Computation". Mihir joined UCSB in Fall 2011 and started working with the group in Spring 2012 on low temperature VIS-IR spectroscopy and transmission spectroscopy of various III-V semiconductors. As part of his PhD, he worked on MBE growth of low dimensional narrow band gap III-V semiconductors (quantum wires and wells of InAs, InSb and InAsSb). His current work emphasizes on growth of superconductor-semiconductor heterostructures for topological quantum computing.
Mihir has received UCSB’s University Award of Distinction (2018), Ovshinsky Student Award from the American Physical Society’s Division of Materials Physics (2018) and Young Scientist Award from the Conference on Physics & Chemistry of Surfaces & Interfaces (2018), among other awards.
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE) growth of III-V semiconductor-superconductor heterostructures
- Scanning tunneling microscopy
- Topological quantum computing
- APS Physics News interview with Mihir Pendharkar - "The Hunt for the Elusive Majorana Qubit"
- Congratulations to Mihir for receiving the APS Ovshinsky Student Travel Award
- Congratulations to Mihir Pendharkar for receiving a Young Scientist Award at PCSI
- Guess who had breakfast with a 1985 Nobel Laureate in Physics?
- Congratulations to Mihir for receiving an APS DCMP graduate student travel award for the APS March meeting in New Orleans!
- Seven lab members present papers at the 45th PCSI conference in Kona, Hawaii
- Mihir and Dan present papers at 22nd International Conference on Electronic Properties of Two Dimensional Systems/18th International Conference on Modulated Semiconductor Structures
- Five lab members present talks at APS March Meeting in Louisiana
- Mihir and Nate present papers at 2016 NAMBE in New York.
- RHK R9 control electronics for Cryo-SFM and LT-STM are here for a demo!
- Six lab members giving presentations at 2016 APS March meeting in Baltimore
- Five lab members to present talks at 2015 NAMBE meeting in Cancun