- B.E., Instrumentation Engineering, VIT Pune, India, 2011
- M.S., Electronics and Photonics, ECE, UC Santa Barbara, 2013
Mihir joined UCSB in Fall 2011 and started working with the group, in Spring 2012, on low temperature VIS-IR spectroscopy and transmission spectroscopy of various III-V semiconductors. As part of his PhD, he is now working on MBE growth of low dimensional narrow band gap III-V semiconductors (quantum wires and wells). He is also working on in-situ characterization with low temperature Scanning Tunneling Microscopy & Atomic/Magnetic Force Microscopy in a superconducting 3-axis vector magnet environment and in-situ Magneto Optic Kerr Effect measurement. His current work emphasizes on growth of superconductor-semiconductor heterostructures for topological quantum computing.
Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE) growth of III-V semiconductor-superconductor heterostructures, low temperature optical spectroscopy, Scanning Tunneling Microscopy, topological quantum computing
- APS Physics News interview with Mihir Pendharkar - "The Hunt for the Elusive Majorana Qubit"
- Congratulations to Mihir for receiving the APS Ovshinsky Student Travel Award
- Congratulations to Mihir Pendharkar for receiving a Young Scientist Award at PCSI
- Guess who had breakfast with a 1985 Nobel Laureate in Physics?
- Congratulations to Mihir for receiving an APS DCMP graduate student travel award for the APS March meeting in New Orleans!
- Seven lab members present papers at the 45th PCSI conference in Kona, Hawaii
- Mihir and Dan present papers at 22nd International Conference on Electronic Properties of Two Dimensional Systems/18th International Conference on Modulated Semiconductor Structures
- Five lab members present talks at APS March Meeting in Louisiana
- Mihir and Nate present papers at 2016 NAMBE in New York.
- RHK R9 control electronics for Cryo-SFM and LT-STM are here for a demo!
- Six lab members giving presentations at 2016 APS March meeting in Baltimore
- Five lab members to present talks at 2015 NAMBE meeting in Cancun